In November 2018, the U.S. Department of Education proposed new regulations regarding the duties of colleges and universities to address sexual misconduct under the federal nondiscrimination law known as “Title IX.” Georgetown University has been evaluating the proposed regulations, and intends to submit comments on the federal proposals during the established 60-day public comment period, which closes on January 30, 2019. Students, faculty and staff may also submit individual comments on the proposal during this time.
- University Comment on Proposed Title IX Regulations (January 30, 2019)
- Update on Proposed Title IX Regulations (January 14, 2019)
- Invitation to First Main Campus Student Listening Session (November 30, 2018)
- Message to the Community from President John J. DeGioia (November 28, 2018)
- Proposed Changes to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Proposed Title IX Regulation Fact Sheet
- Submit Comments Directly to the Department of Education: Open until January 30, 2019
2018 and 2019 Community Listening Sessions
- Monday, December 3 at 7-8:30 p.m., Leavey Program Room
- Thursday, December 6 at 12-1:30 p.m., Healey Family Student Center, Social Room (Faculty, Staff and Students)
- Monday, December 10 at 6-7:30 p.m., Healey Family Student Center, Social Room (Students Only)
- Friday, December 14 at 12-1:30 p.m., Leavey Program Room (Faculty and Staff Only)
- Monday, December 3 at 10-11:30 a.m., Hotung 4004 (Students and Staff)
- Thursday, December 13 at 12-1:30 p.m., Hotung 1000 (Faculty Only)
- Thursday, December 13 at 1:45-2:30 p.m., McDonough 342 (Staff Only)
- Thursday, December 13 at 2:45-3:30 p.m., McDonough 342 (Students Only)
- Monday, December 17 at 12:30-1:30 p.m., McDonough 220 (Staff Only)
- Monday, December 17 at 12:30-1:30 p.m., McDonough 200 (Students Only)
- Wednesday, December 19 at 1-2:30 p.m., Med/Dent Building, Room SW 107
- Wednesday, January 9, at 12:50 p.m., Doha Campus
A summary of comments from the University Listening Sessions can be found here.
Information on University resources for those affected by sexual misconduct can be found here.