The Sexual Assault and Misconduct Advisory Committee (SAMAC) directs the ongoing implementation of the eleven recommendations put forth by Georgetown’s Sexual Assault and Misconduct Task Force in September 2017.
With membership from faculty, staff, and students, SAMAC coordinates our community’s work as we move forward on these recommendations and examines institutional and cultural factors that influence sexual misconduct on campus. The committee is co-chaired by Assistant Vice President for Student Health, Vince WinklerPrins, M.D., and Department of Psychology Associate Professor, Jennifer Woolard, Ph.D.
Membership consists of faculty, staff, and students representing the following units:
- Center for Multicultural Equity and Access (CMEA)
- Georgetown University Women’s Center
- Georgetown University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Georgetown University Law Center (GULC), Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC), and Georgetown undergraduate schools
- Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD)
- Health Education Services (HES)
- Office of Communications
- Office of the General Counsel
- Division of Student Affairs
- Office of Title IX Compliance
Over the past year, SAMAC has made substantial progress in implementing the Task Force’s eleven recommendations and other sub-recommendations. Combatting sexual misconduct requires robust collaboration throughout our community, and we encouraged the Georgetown community to become educated and engaged about on-campus sexual assault and misconduct prevention efforts.